Remanufacturer of the Year - Nominations 2017 open!
Nominations are now open for the ReMaTec Remanufacturer of the Year 2017. The winner, which will be chosen by a panel of reman industry experts, will be announced in Amsterdam in June at ReMaTec 2017. The ROTY Award is the most prestigious in the industry, and goes to an individual or company deemed to have served the reman sector with distinction. Founded in 2005, this major accolade recognises outstanding contributions to automotive and heavy duty reman. Past winners have included those who have made a real difference to their business or who have shown a continually excellent performance in their work over a long period. They are judged on criteria which include technical excellence, commitment to quality, impact on the reman industry and customer service.
Act quick: the deadline for submitting your innovation is 20 March 2017
Rolf Steinhilper: remanufacturer of the Year 2016
The winner of the most prestigious honor in the re-manufacturing industry has been announced! The ReMaTecNews’ Remanufacturer of the Year 2016 award goes to: Prof. Rolf Steinhilper and his team of the Chair of Reman at Bayreuth University.
An article is featured in ReMaTecNews edition 6.
Award winners from previous years
2016: Rolf Steinhilper
2015: Søren Toft-Jensen, Borg Automotive
2014: Jack Stack, SRC Holding
2013: Alan Smart, ATP
2012: Doug Wolma, Meritor
2011: Philippe James, Remy Automotive Europe
2010: Francois Augnet, TRW
2009: Carsen Bücker, BU Drive Group
2008: Johan van Gerven, MRT Engines
2007: Martin Detzen, MD Rebuilt
2006: Alexander Schäfer, MS Motor Service Int.
2005: Jens Lindholm, Holger Christiansen
Judging criteria and guiding principles
- Nominations must contain information on the nominees’ background, reman-related activities and achievements.
- Nominations must contain a clear explanation of the reasons for the nomination.
- Candidates will primarily be judged on the basis of the following criteria:
- Technical excellence
- Commitment to quality
- Impact on the remanufacturing industry
- Customer service
- Pioneering activities
- Promotion of automotive and heavy duty remanufacturing
- Eco-friendly operations or innovations
- Technical Innovation
- Unique Selling Point
- Quality certifications (e.g. ISO 9001, TS 16949)
- It is not mandatory for candidates to be part of any association or to take part of any of the ReMaTec events to be nominated for the Award.
- Nominations should be no longer than 500 words.
- Nominations must be admitted by email:
- Candidates can be nominated by anyone, including themselves.
- Candidates who have been nominated in previous years can be renominated providing they meet the overall criteria.
Panel of Judges
- Volker Schittenhelm, FIRM
- Fernand Weiland, APRA's European Division
- Doug Wolma, Global Operations and Remanufacturing, Dana Corporation
- Soren Toft-Jensen