ReMaTecNews and www.rematecnews.com are the only international magazine and website dedicated to Automotive and Heavy Duty remanufacturing worldwide. They are independent channels for news, views and developments within the remanufacturing industry.
News, views and developments within the automotive and heavy duty remanufacturing industry worldwide. About transmissions, starters, alternators, turbochargers, cores, diagnostic equipment, mechatronics and electronics, engines and more.
ReMaTecNews is aimed at the decision makers in the remanufacturing industry worldwide. The magazine is read by more than 13,230 readers per edition in Asia, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, North America and South America. There are 6 publications in a year.
ReMaTecNews is aimed at the decision makers:
• Remanufacturers / rebuilders
• Core suppliers
• Suppliers of: OE components, components for remanufacturers, rebuilding equipment and machinery, test equipment, cleaning equipment
• Distributors - importers - wholesalers of rebuilt parts
• Government and non-government organisations
• Chambers of Commerce
• Insurance companies
• Fleet operators
• Automotive trade associations
• Car manufacturers - OEMs
Follow ReMaTecNews on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Take a subscription to ReMaTecNews magazine and our e-Newsletter.
ReMaTecNews' Remanufacturer of the Year Award is the most prestigious honour in automotive and commercial vehicle remanufacturing. Founded in 2005 and now in its 10th year, the prize is given to a person or business that has served automotive or heavy duty remanufacturing with particular distinction. Over its lifetime the award has celebrated the achievements of some of the reman industry's preeminent names. Within the industry it is considered a major accolade.Aim:
At a time when green issues, conservation of resources, recycling and environmental responsibility are at the forefront of public concerns, the award is intended to highlight the huge, albeit sometimes overlooked, commercial and societal benefits of automotive and heavy duty remanufacturing.When & Where:
The Remanufacturer of the Year Award 2014 will be awarded at a ceremony on the first day of this year's BigR/ReMaTecUSA exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will take place during the trade shows' Opening Reception at the Rio Hotel on November 1st.
Judging criteria and guiding principles:
1. Nominations must contain information on the nominees' background, reman-related activities and achievements.
2. Nominations must contain a clear explanation of the reasons for the nomination.
3. Candidates will primarily be judged on the basis of the following criteria:
- Technical excellence
- Commitment to quality
- Impact on the remanufacturing industry
- Customer service
- Pioneering activities
- Promotion of automotive and heavy duty remanufacturing.
- Eco-friendly operations or innovations
- Technical Innovation
- Unique Selling Point
- Quality certifications (e.g. ISO 9001, TS 16949)
4. It is not mandatory for candidates to be part of any association or to take part of any of the ReMaTec events to be nominated for the Award.
5. Nominations should be no longer than 500 words.
6. Nominations must be received before September 15, 2014
7. Nominations must be admitted by email:
- Candidates can be nominated by anyone, including themselves.
- Candidates who have been nominated in previous years can be renominated providing they meet the overall criteria.
Panel of Judges
Award winners from previous years
- William Schwarck, Editor-in-Chief, ReMaTecNews, and Chairman of the Panel of Judges.
- Volker Schittenhelm, FIRM, the European Association of Engine Remanufacturers
- Fernand Weiland, Former Chairman of APRA Europe and author/editor of: "Remanufacturing Automotive Mechatronics and Electronics," "European Automotive Remanufacturing - Technical Trends & Market Developments" and "Heavy Duty Remanufacturing – the other giant."
- Doug Wolma, Winner of the 2012 Remanufacturer of the Year Award. Former Head of Meritor's global remanufacturing activities. Currently responsible for remanufacturing at Dana Corporation.
2013: Alan Smart-ATP
2012: Doug Wolma-Meritor
2011: Philippe James- Remy Automotive Europe
2010: Francois Augnet, TRW
2009: Carsen Bücker, BU Drive Group
2008: Johan van Gerven, MRT Engines
2007: Martin Detzen, MD Rebuilt
2006: Alexander Schäfer, MS Motor Service Int.
2005: Jens Lindholm, Holger Christiansen.