Main findings Remanufacturing Benchmark 2017
In a major exclusive study, ReMaTec and Kemény Boehme & Company have uncovered what companies think about their work in the remanufacturing industry, from core handling to issues of quality.
Published in ReMaTecNews for the first time, here are a few of the highlights:
1. Central and Eastern Europe are crucial markets for the companies surveyed, with North America and Asia-Pacific regions also playing an important role.
2. Europe remains the key market for them when it comes to remanufactured parts.
3. Passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy trucks are among the key target industries for those who responded to the survey, with marine, aerospace and healthcare some of the main industries which are seen as being increasingly important in future.
4. When it comes to focus products, they ranged widely – from air conditioning and braking to engines and transmissions.
5. Core logistics is central, with about 70% of OEM/OES mainly procuring their cores from their own products or warranty returns. In addition to their own products, two-thirds of IAM respondents use the parts of other manufacturers and procure from core/part dealers. Half of Tier-n companies focus on warranty returns.