Product Life Cycle Status: From Machine Monitoring to Machine Condition Monitoring
- Vibration monitoring: Monitoring vibration patterns can offer insight into part durability and changes can indicate a failing tool before a human can begin to see a problem.
- Bearing wear monitoring: Bearing faults can cause damage to manufacturing equipment, and usually occur during startup and slowdown times. Monitoring the condition of bearings can save maintenance costs and prevent downtime as critical failures become less frequent.
- Load monitoring: Load misalignment and dull cutting materials can tell operators that tool life may be ending.
- Torque monitoring: Identify anomalies in the rotational force of the machine to prevent machine failures, and broken tools.
- Spindle speed monitoring: Analyse revolutions per minute (RPMs) of spindles, noting how the spindle speed can affect wear on the tool and lead to tool breakages.
- Temperature monitoring: Temperature is a clear indicator of many potential problems within a machine. Monitoring machine temperature can impede overheating and prevent machine part failures.
- Periodic measurement - Periodic measurements (e.g. per millisecond, minute, hour) of parameters provide insight into the change over time. On the configured fixed interval the data is collected and a trend can be built up. From the trend and data analysis it will then become clear what caused the change so corrective measures can be advised.
- On change measurements - On change measurements provide insight into the change and behavior of a parameter. For example when a boolean or fault code changes value.
- On trigger measurements - With log on trigger you can configure a variable as trigger and connect other variables to this trigger. Once the trigger happens, all linked variables will be logged once. This can be used for logging multiple variables simultaneously based on a certain trigger and will allow you to look back at your data associated with the trigger in a clear and easy overview to find correlations.
Share your remanufacturing stories with us
Do you have an innovation, research results or an other interesting topic you would like to share with the remanufacturing industry? The Rematec website and social media channels are a great platform to showcase your stories!
Please contact our Brand Marketing Manager.
Are you an Rematec exhibitor?
Make sure you add your latest press releases to your Company Profile in the Exhibitor Portal for free exposure.
Receive the best newsletter on remanufacturing - straight to your inbox!